NEXT ISSUE: 2018 Edition
Langkah welcomes your written and graphic contributions. Submissions are welcomed all year round.
- Essays from the perspective of dancers, choreographers, or producers on contemporary dance performances, workshops, labs, or festivals that occurred in 2016 and 2017.
- Also essays by contemporary dance educators about their teaching process. Essays must include recent development, i.e. that which occurred in 2016 and 2017.
- We are NOT looking for reviews! Therefore, you should only write about events that you have either participated in, performed in, made, or produced.
- You can write in any of the following formats: casual journal, report, documentation, critical analysis, or interview.
- We suggest a word length between 400 to 2,000 words.
- Please include photos or drawings (refer below).
- Let us know if your essay has been posted, published, or submitted elsewhere.
- Photos. Photos should be of high resolution and with captions – the photographer’s name, name of people in the photo, name of the dance piece or event, date, and venue. You can even submit a photo essay (a series of captioned photos that are sequenced to tell a story).
- Drawings. Please include captions and credits.
- All essays and photos should be about contemporary dance presented in Malaysia, involving Malaysian residents. For works produced abroad, the work should be made by or involve Malaysian citizens.
- Submissions can be in Malay, English, and/or Chinese.
- Your contribution is voluntary, i.e. this is not a paid assignment. In the event that the periodical does receive monetary donations or grants, all individuals involved (i.e. content providers, editors, translators and photographers) will get a cut from the proceeds.
- Please send all submissions and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.